SMALL GROUPS AND STUDIES
- College Sunday School – Join the College Sunday school class each Sunday morning at 9:45 in Trice 214 to discuss how scripture and faith intersect with our daily lives. No preparation is needed.
- Common Table– Common Table is a movement of students exploring an inclusive Christianity by creating a safe space to ask hard questions, engage in civil dialogue, and promote social justice. This is an ecumenical group of students and university churches who gather around the table for dinner and inspiring conversation.
- Theology on Tap – Thursdays @ 7:30PM at The Chimes, 3357 Highland Rd. Enjoy weekly discussion on the current events and how they intersect our faith and theology. Beverages on you!
- Group Fitness – Tuesdays @ 4PM. College and Young Adult Women. All fitness levels welcome. If interested contact Rev. Colleen Bookter, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kids Hope – Volunteer one hour a week to mentor an elementary student at University Trace Elementary. Our church has partnered with this school for over 30 years. We hope you will consider caring on this great tradition. For more information on Kids Hope or how to get involved click here: Kids Hope or contact Shirley Flake at email@example.com
- Habitat for Humanity – Join us each fall as we meet the future home owner and work hard to build a home for those in need in our community.
- College/Young Adult Service Days – About once a quarter the college students and young adults at University UMC gather for local mission days in our local community.
LSU WESLEY FOUNDATION
University UMC works closely with the Wesley Foundation at LSU, which is commonly referred to as the “Wesley.” It is located right behind University UMC on 333 E Chimes St. The Wesley is a United Methodist College Ministry where students come together each week to worship, fellowship, and grow in their faith. Wesley has many wonderful things going on each week, including small groups, regular mission & service opportunities, and a weekly dinner and Chapel service Wednesdays at 7pm (dinner at 7, Chapel at 8). To learn more, visit http://lsuwesley.com/ or contact Adam Darragh, the LSU Wesley Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.